Toddler are notoriously finicky eaters, but thankfully, they can be tempted into eating healthy snacks-provided that the treats in concern are likewise enjoyable! Here is a list of 6 great treats to show your toddler. They are fast and simple to prepare, and are designed to make your child ask for “more, please”!
1. Gone Fishin’: Sprinkle about 15 entire grain goldfish on a plate, and give your toddler a some small pretzel sticks. Program your kid how to dip the pretzel stick in peanut butter, and use it to select up the fish. The peanut butter is loaded with protein for energy, and the entire grains offer much required fiber to your toddler’s diet.
2. Sly muffins: Buy or make mini muffins with fruit and veggies inside! You can use canned pumpkin, shredded zucchini, diced apple, or entire blueberries to improve the quality of simply about any muffin dish.
Usage small muffin pans to make the perfect side for little hands and little hungers. By including vegetables like pumpkin, you increase the fiber, and offer a treat rich in beta carotene and Vitamin C.
3. Picture toast: Add a few drops of food coloring to a tablespoon of milk. Use this mix to “paint” a piece of whole grain white bread. Toast, and serve-your picture will end up being more specified as the bread toasts!
4. Chopstick pickups: Kids love chopsticks! The majority of will eat almost anything, if they can pick the food up with their very own set of chopsticks. Make certain to buy a training set if you have a young toddler (they are hinged). Serve a platter of diced foods with a dipping sauce and chopsticks. Attempt a ranch dip for veggies, or vanilla yogurt for fruit.
5. Make a mix: Let your young child aid pick some preferred foods for a snack mix, and let them help assemble the mix in a big bowl. Having an extremely small assistant will make this procedure go a little bit more slowly than if you did it yourself, but your child is most likely to try something he made “himself”.
6. Sweet healthy smoothies: Use your blender to come up with some sweet, however healthy drinks. Include a couple of pieces of frozen banana, a chopped strawberry, and some vanilla yogurt, and whirl till mixed. Serve with a spoon or straw for a sweet, frosty reward.